Commonwealth E20
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Start Prep

Go down

Game Start Prep Empty Game Start Prep

Post by TLS Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm aiming to get this show on the road by Monday, October 2. Our first turn will likely be two weeks long, since we're starting in the middle of a war and people will need some time to get back in the swing of things (also I need to get back into running battle simulations!).

Once you've received your starting assignment, you have 15 years worth of points to play with to do your preliminary military builds--this includes money for forts, facilities, depots, troops, and ships (which you have to name!). Please note that you should break out any vassals or dynastic partners into their own separate build--i.e., the Ottoman vassals don't just get pooled into the overall Ottoman points, Saxony and Bavaria don't go in with the other, etc. You can handle colonies the way you think best. In the event of your vassal/dynastic partner having leftover points in future builds, they can be rolled over into your main country.
TLS
TLS
Admin

https://commonwealthe20.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Game Start Prep Empty Re: Game Start Prep

Post by TLS Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Keep in mind that some of the rules are under reconsideration--mostly just pertaining to upkeep, but we could more noticeably simplify the naval rules. Income is more or less settled, but you could see a few points moved about here or there. We'll have thru the weekend to adjust everything.

to that end, I'd focus on making your current builds to maximize what you can afford now, rather than what you'll be able to afford once the game starts in upkeep. You can always disband those units if you've gotten greedy. Alternatively, if there are any military infrastructure projects you're thinking of (forts, naval yards, depots) now's a good time to invest in them.
TLS
TLS
Admin

https://commonwealthe20.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down