Commonwealth E20
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way Forward

4 posters

Go down

What to do?

Way Forward Vote_lcap20%Way Forward Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Way Forward Vote_lcap80%Way Forward Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Way Forward Vote_lcap0%Way Forward Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Way Forward Vote_lcap0%Way Forward Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Way Forward Empty Way Forward

Post by TLS Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Messieurs et mademoiselles,

We've not exactly had a rousing show of engagement for this campaign, and it's been a struggle to keep enough people engaged at any given point for it to keep going. I'm going to poll the group for suggestions and opinions on how to move forward. If we want to take a more extended break, that's fine with me. If we want to rejigger things, that's also fine with me. If someone else wants to run a game, that is also fine with me. If we want to just stop for a while, also fine with me.

If we can get at least four players to commit to frequent interaction, which I'll define as at least putting in builds each week, I think we should keep going. But if we don't, then I'd suggest we take a pause. I've gotten some great interaction from all of you, and some really good ideas, but the halting pace of the game has led to people to lose interest and drop off. I'd like to take stock of our current situation and see how we should keep going.

The options I'm suggesting are:

1) Keep on as we are, with the above caveat that we need at least four players,

2) Take a break until we can find a mutually-convenient re-start date for people in the future (we've had a slew of life events leave people really unable to contribute, and it might just need some time),

3) Go into a more permanent fugue,

4) Think of a new scenario--we've had some lack of interest issues based primarily on the scenario, and while the small size does make it easier to mod it has also resulted in a less sustainable player base.
TLS
TLS
Admin

https://commonwealthe20.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Way Forward Empty Re: Way Forward

Post by Galveston Bay Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:16 pm

I will be traveling about 50% of the time between now and November 5, so I am going to be a bit unreliable.   After that I can commit more fully.  

I am mostly out of the funk I have been in since my wife died, but I have a lot on my plate for a bit. On the plus side, I am now retired and maybe next year can start something here.
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

https://galvestonbaygames.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:19 pm

I’m enjoying this quite a lot, but I can understand that it’s not ideal for prime interest. I’m certainly willing to go with whatever the group would like to do.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Post by Haneastic Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 pm

I'm good with whatever the group wants. Unfortunately at this point we have a small group of followers so even one or two departures can be a death blow
Haneastic
Haneastic

Back to top Go down

Post by TLS Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Well the votes seem to be in (with five votes so far, indicative of the small player base we're using), and we're in primo "take a break" mode. We're at about 2-3 consistently posting players at this point, and that doesn't seem optimal. I'll propose we take a break until at least Labor Day to give everyone else time to adjust. In the interim, I am entirely open to further suggestions, different campaigns, or letting someone else take a chance at the brass ring of moderating--I haven't been able to play one of these in years!

However, if we get a resurgence in interest before September, I'm also open to coming back in at full force a little earlier. We're just at the cusp of a viable player base, I think.
TLS
TLS
Admin

https://commonwealthe20.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:26 pm

It will be January before I can run anything
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

https://galvestonbaygames.tumblr.com/