Commonwealth E20
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map Making

4 posters

Go down

Map Making Empty Map Making

Post by Lefty Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Considering I was the whiny one who demanded maps, I figured I'd take charge and actually make some myself. Before I do so, does anyone have any tools? I'm interested in possible websites or very basic design stuff, as well as map templates so that way I'm hand-drawing as little as possible. The higher quality the better.
Lefty
Lefty

Back to top Go down

Map Making Empty Re: Map Making

Post by Haneastic Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:49 pm

Lefty wrote:Considering I was the whiny one who demanded maps, I figured I'd take charge and actually make some myself. Before I do so, does anyone have any tools? I'm interested in possible websites or very basic design stuff, as well as map templates so that way I'm hand-drawing as little as possible. The higher quality the better.

Mapchart is a very basic but decent map site. You're limited to coloring counties or provinces for most places so it's not a perfect map, but for something like making a map of the United States it can be helpful
Haneastic
Haneastic

Back to top Go down

Post by TLS Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:41 pm

I honestly just use the blank maps on Wikipedia and try my damndest to make them work. The map I have in the thread is condensed, so I can send you the larger, easier to edit version if you're so inclined.
TLS
TLS
Admin

https://commonwealthe20.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Haven Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 am

Check out QGIS. I've never used it because I've never made maps, but a friend of mine uses it to make conflict maps for some outlets and recommends it.

Haven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down