Commonwealth E20
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mamlikat-i Irān

2 posters

Go down

Mamlikat-i Irān Empty Mamlikat-i Irān

Post by TLS Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:12 pm

سلسلهٔ هوتکیان
Hotak Dynasty

Mamlikat-i Irān 250px-Black_flag.svg

National Statistics as of 1725
Population: 8,000,000
Prestige: D
Tech Level: 2

Political Organization
Official Title: Hotak Dynasty
Conventional: Persia
Political System: Absolute Monarchy
Capital: Kandahar
Sovereign: Sultan Ashraf Hotak

Possessions:
Eastern and Central Iran, Eastern Afghanistan, Southern Turkmenistan, Balochistan

Economy:
Taxes: 2
Resources: 1 (Isfahan)
Ports: 1 (Bandar Abbas)
Total Income: 4 points

Military
Ground Forces

Fixed Positions
-4 Fortress (Isfahan, Shiraz, Bandar Abbas, Kandahar)
-4 Garrison Brigades (Isfahan, Shiraz, Bandar Abbas, Kandahar)
-3 Depot (Shiraz, Isfahan, Kandahar)

Fars Army (Isfahan)
-7 Light Infantry Regiments
-2 Cavalry Regiments

Hotak Army (Kandahar)
-4 Light Infantry Regiments

Last edited by TLS on Fri May 25, 2018 4:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
TLS
TLS
Admin

https://commonwealthe20.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Mamlikat-i Irān Empty Re: Mamlikat-i Irān

Post by TLS Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Chaos in the Empire

Following the disastrous intervention in Mesopotamia, Sultan Husayn sees his legitimacy fatally undermined. Within a year of returning with his tail between his legs, Husayn is murdered by a band of Qizilbash warriors led by Fath-Ali Khan Qajar, who props up the young Sultan Tahmasp as Shah--but essentially controls the throne as Regent. In the Eastern parts of the realm the Sunni Hotak Afghans, seeing the opportunity to make their own push for power, rise up against the Shia rulers. By the start of 1712, Persia is divided and consumed with an internal struggle for power.
TLS
TLS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottoman Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Summer of 1712,

Seeing an opportunity to weaken their old Persian rivals and install a more Sunni friendly government. Sultan Ahmed III declares war on Persia and sends envoys to Hotak Afghans to seek alliance against Persia.

Ottoman

Back to top Go down

Post by TLS Fri May 25, 2018 4:15 pm

A Dynasty Fractures: Persia Through 1725

The Hotaks, beneficiaries of the Sublime Porte’s campaigns against the Safavids, have spent the better part of a decade mismanaging their newly expanded empire. The various heirs to Mirwais, who spearheaded the conquest of the heart of Persia, have fallen into plotting, murder, and intrigue. By 1725 the throne is occupied by Mirwais’ nephew, Ashraf, but his hold on power seems no more secure than his predecessors.

Meanwhile, the Sunni Pashtun dynasty which has been installed on the heart of Shia Persia has done little to ingratiate itself with the majority population. Selling off the western frontier to the Ottomans has resulted in immense dissatisfaction within Persia itself, while the promotion of Sunni religious figures and theology has stoked the flames of Persian honor and identity. Distantly-related Safavid claimants to the throne begin to emerge, and though the Hotak state has proven adequate at putting down the brushfires of religious rebellion the threat of collapse continues to hang over the weakened state.
TLS
TLS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum