Commonwealth E20
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcements

Go down

Announcements Empty Announcements

Post by Galveston Bay Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:22 pm

first one...

Target date for Start is next Monday (April 5).  I will be returning to work on April 12 so want to get the game going by then

I have mostly finished the economic stats for everyone, including principal nations (the Players) and major NPCs

Some news rules going in....

Tech Level will provide increases to industrial production, as well as improving internal transportation networks automatically (in part).  Internal transportation, production centers, craft centers, and resources generate commerce income as do entrepots, major ports, and minor ports.

The World In Flames maps show all kinds of ports, but unless specifically indicated as a port they are just anchorages (no particular value for commerce but important when invading places).  

I will be reposting the world in flames maps in  case anyone no longer has them

tech level, military proficiency (as in experience and modern training and methods), and great captains will all effect combat in addition to numbers

So for example, a modern European army led by a great captain (like Moltke for example) will have a bonus for tech level, proficiency, and its commander against say the Turks, who are behind in all 3 categories at this point forward.  

nations are INDUSTRIAL, OR COMMERCIAL or AGRARIAN or PREINDUSTRIAL or PRIMITIVE depending on who it is.

An Industrial power has production centers... at least one, and can build anything it wants in terms of units (Britain for example)
a Commercial power has the ability to buy what it wants in peacetime, but could be vulnerable to blockade or embargo and that will raise the cost of certain units (the OTL Confederacy for example).  While they have some industry, iits a minor part of their economy
an Agrarian power can buy what it wants in peacetime, but maintenance is higher for some units even in peacetime and a lot higher in wartime for certain units.   They lack significant industry so spare parts for example are a problem (Manchu China for example)
a Preindustrial power is limited even in peacetime as to what units it can build and maintain. (a lot of Latin America fits this)
a Primitive power (most of Africa for example) is even more limited and has a definite tech disadvantage but should not be underestimated (the ZULU for example)

We are going to the deficit spending model for all industrial and commercial powers while Agrarian and Preindustrial powers can only get loans from the world financial market and the Primitive nations cannot even get those.   Generally speaking, you can have a national debt roughly 10 times the size of your commercial sector, sometimes more if Industrial, a bit less (thinking roughly 5 times) for Commercial powers (TBD on that one, still tinkering)

All of the European Industrial and Commercial powers are still paying off the massive war debts from the wars from 1799-1816 and a few even went bankrupt postwar or during the war.   I will let you know where you sit on that.  

Getting rid of financial centers for the most part.  Not going to worry about social spending during the 19th Century, at least not yet.   However big projects will be available to spend on and they have definite payoffs.
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

https://galvestonbaygames.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Announcements Empty Re: Announcements

Post by Galveston Bay Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:25 pm

so far we have a British Empire (including North America) (Hanseatic), French (Republic or Empire or Kingdom?) for TLS, the Germans (most of them) led by Lefty, and Otto wants to be a Latin American power TBD (working on that). Could use a Russia and in the it would be nice category a Kingdom of Italy, and someone to play either Manchu China OR Japan at some point.

Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:26 pm

Galveston Bay wrote:first one...

Target date for Start is next Monday (April 5).  I will be returning to work on April 12 so want to get the game going by then

I have mostly finished the economic stats for everyone, including principal nations (the Players) and major NPCs

Some news rules going in....

Tech Level will provide increases to industrial production, as well as improving internal transportation networks automatically (in part).  Internal transportation, production centers, craft centers, and resources generate commerce income as do entrepots, major ports, and minor ports.

The World In Flames maps show all kinds of ports, but unless specifically indicated as a port they are just anchorages (no particular value for commerce but important when invading places).  

I will be reposting the world in flames maps in  case anyone no longer has them

tech level, military proficiency (as in experience and modern training and methods), and great captains will all effect combat in addition to numbers

So for example, a modern European army led by a great captain (like Moltke for example) will have a bonus for tech level, proficiency, and its commander against say the Turks, who are behind in all 3 categories at this point forward.  

nations are INDUSTRIAL, OR COMMERCIAL or AGRARIAN or PREINDUSTRIAL or PRIMITIVE depending on who it is.

An Industrial power has production centers... at least one, and can build anything it wants in terms of units (Britain for example)
a Commercial power has the ability to buy what it wants in peacetime, but could be vulnerable to blockade or embargo and that will raise the cost of certain units (the OTL Confederacy for example).  While they have some industry, iits a minor part of their economy
an Agrarian power can buy what it wants in peacetime, but maintenance is higher for some units even in peacetime and a lot higher in wartime for certain units.   They lack significant industry so spare parts for example are a problem (Manchu China for example)
a Preindustrial power is limited even in peacetime as to what units it can build and maintain. (a lot of Latin America fits this)
a Primitive power (most of Africa for example) is even more limited and has a definite tech disadvantage but should not be underestimated (the ZULU for example)

We are going to the deficit spending model for all industrial and commercial powers while Agrarian and Preindustrial powers can only get loans from the world financial market and the Primitive nations cannot even get those.   Generally speaking, you can have a national debt roughly 10 times the size of your commercial sector, sometimes more if Industrial, a bit less (thinking roughly 5 times) for Commercial powers (TBD on that one, still tinkering)

All of the European Industrial and Commercial powers are still paying off the massive war debts from the wars from 1799-1816 and a few even went bankrupt postwar or during the war.   I will let you know where you sit on that.  

Getting rid of financial centers for the most part.  Not going to worry about social spending during the 19th Century, at least not yet.   However big projects will be available to spend on and they have definite payoffs.

Not going to make April 5 target date but should make the April 12 one

Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:18 pm

NPC nations
I will not immediately post the military forces of the various NPC nations.   Assume they have 10 years of income (adjusted by their war debt payments or other debts) to build a military with should one be needed for game purposes

over time I will gradually add them starting with the big NPCs first
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:26 pm

sorry guys, having to push this back one more week as Real Life has been troublesome

I start work on Monday and had to do some preparation for that and my lady friend is having some issues with her second vaccination so keeping a close eye on her
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Let the games begin!

Please have your builds and any orders you wish to make for the 1825 turn to me by Monday
send them to
anthryax@yahoo.com (Orders)
and Post them (builds)

Try to have your military done by the end of the week (giving you extra time for that).

There are no immediate wars on the horizon
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:00 am

I seem to have given you too many points to build with

Just remember... you have maintenance costs beginning 1825, and manpower limits. You are at peacetime. Excess points are to be just ignored
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:36 pm

A rules edit is planned for this weekend. No big changes but after rereading them an edit is needed

Also prepping to start adding things like steam gunboats in the near future.
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Thu May 06, 2021 7:59 pm

1827 will be a two week turn as this weekend is the second anniversary of the death of my wife and of course Mothers Day and the referee is likely going to get drunk and be depressed (well more depressed than I am today anyway)

so I will likely not feel very productive

Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Tue May 18, 2021 7:15 pm

write up what your nations are doing 1827-29 and send it to me. Assume if you have been paying down your debt that you managed 2 years worth of debt payments

coming this week... new ships to buy including the first gunboats
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galveston Bay Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:34 pm

I am sorry guys.... I meant to get things moving sooner. I am in training for the next two months which means I am having to digest a couple of thousand pages of policy and procedures that are just different enough from Missouri to require careful attention. Which means when I come home I am pretty beat. Training should be done by the end of the summer and i am hoping to get things moving on this game in the Fall

Hopefully you guys are willing to be patient and rejoin at that time....l
Galveston Bay
Galveston Bay
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum